Head down to Totnes Rare Breeds on Sunday 7th August for the 2011 Art Day.
With local illustrator Paula Cloonan on-hand to offer guidance and tips, they'll be enough going on to occupy arty crafty people of all ages, all day:
- Sketch books and drawing boards will be handed out, with pencils, pens and watercolours available to capture that magical picture. Settle down on a straw bale to sketch your favourite animal, paint the green landscape of the farm, or doodle a beautiful flower.
- Make a bird feeder out of a milk bottle, decorate it, then take it home and make lots of feathered friends.
- Choose an animal mask to decorate, then get busy with the glue. Will it be a white wooly sheep, a pink pig or a feathered owl? Yours to keep - who doesn't want to pretend to be a pig?
- Model your favourite animal out of clay, and take that home too.
- Contribute your drawing to our big Rare Breeds canvas - and don't forget to sign it!
All materials are provided, but feel free to bring your own if you wish. All this for no extra cost, just the usual farm entry rates. So there's no excuse not to come down for a memorable, super-creative day.
Just watch out for the goats eating your artwork...